Re: oracle9.2.0.3 audit help!!!!!!!

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 21:02:25 +0100

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 20:30:17 +0100, "Artur M." <miodusza_at_wp.pl> wrote:

>I'm new in oracle. I would like to control which user modyficates which
>tables,etc(mainly jppm by hibernate). I tried to configure audit such way:
>
> I set value AUDIT_TRAIL = true in
>%ORACLE_HOME/admin/<myDatabase>/pfile/%init.ora (it dosen't work. After
>setting
>
> audit for some users, restarting database, and making
>some operations on tables , the default table sys.aud$ was empty)
>
> I set value AUDIT_TRAIL = db (the same situation)
>
> I set value
>
> AUDIT_TRAIL = os
>
> AUDIT_FILE_DEST= 'C:\audit' ( I didn't see any new log file in
>that directory )
>
>I have the impression that oracle doesn't write this file during starting.
>
>What did I making wrong ?
>
>Does sombody know diffrent,way to could see past users' operations in
>database?
>

>Regards.
>
>Artur M.

If you have an spfile (which you can verify by typing show parameter spfile)
Oracle will use the spfile to start the database. That is: the pfile (init.ora) is ignored.
You can maintain the spfile by alter system commands

alter system set audit_trail = db scope=spfile

and bounce the database.
You can create a pfile from your spfile by typing create pfile from spfile

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA