Incomplete Recovery of tablespace

From: drops <oliver_at_drobnik.com>
Date: 27 Feb 2006 05:59:49 -0800

I am desperately trying to find out how to recover a single tablespace to a specified point in time.

I got an scp from "list backup;"

so I am trying

RMAN> run {

2> set until scn 103835211;
3> shutdown immediate;
4> startup mount;
5> restore tablespace dwhva_dim;
6> recover tablespace dwhva_dim;
7> }

RMAN> alter database open resetlogs;

RMAN-03002: failure of alter db command at 02/27/2006 14:57:42 ORA-01139: RESETLOGS option only valid after an incomplete database recovery

if I only do "alter database open;" then the state of my tables will not be the one from the backup but from the time of shutdown.

How is it done?

I read somewhere that you can only make incomplete recoveries of the whole database. Is this true?

kind regards
Oliver Drobnik Received on Mon Feb 27 2006 - 07:59:49 CST