Re: Xg = Omlet = Bad Egg

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 26 Feb 2006 15:41:00 -0800

Comments embedded.
Tony Rogerson wrote:
> His site does make some good points about security though.

Which site are you perusing? The listed URL has but three working links (four if you count the Advanced Search link, which sends the user to the download page), and none of these have any security information.  The working links are:

The download link (which sort of works until you realise the JAR file is incomplete or corrupt).

The "send me your money" link

The Oracle Underground FAQ link

> What did you say about Oracle being unbreakable? Virus.....

I have never said anything of Oracle being unbreakable, nor has Daniel Morgan. Oracle marketing, on the other hand has done no worse than Microsoft marketing. And just how secure is SQL Server or Windows? At least twice monthly I'm inundated with 'security hotfixes' for Windows ...

> Seems pretty breakable if somebody can very easily malform the protocol
> stream and create a sys admin and do what they want.... and for Oracle to
> keep it quite - well, thats just terrible; wait to oracle express takes
> hold - should be interesting in say 6months - a year when all those holes
> start appearing and being exploited ;)

People who live in glass houses ...

> --
> Tony Rogerson
> SQL Server MVP
> http://sqlserverfaq.com - free video tutorials

David Fitzjarrell Received on Sun Feb 26 2006 - 17:41:00 CST