Re: Oracle licence question

From: Tony Rogerson <tonyrogerson_at_sqlserverfaq.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 20:08:53 -0000

Ok, I'll take your original salary posting (and associated search) as a general mistake rather than trying to bias the stats by making a general search on Oracle and a more selective one for SQL Server DBA.

To explain, you posted these and the figures from them...

Oracle - http://www.itjobswatch.co.uk/jobs/uk/oracle.do SQL Server - http://www.itjobswatch.co.uk/jobs/uk/sql%20server%20dba.do

The search criteria you used is a give away because it's on the end of the URL. Note: you have done a general search on 'ORACLE' which includes all the lower paid dev and testing jobs, alternatively you searched on 'SQL SERVER DBA' which gives just the more skilled DBA jobs rather than the dev jobs - so, you should search 'ORACLE DBA' against 'SQL SERVER DBA' which is what I have posted, and the salary different is around 20% for permie and more for contractors.

So the modified URL you want is...

Oracle - http://www.itjobswatch.co.uk/jobs/uk/oracle%20dba.do SQL Server - http://www.itjobswatch.co.uk/jobs/uk/sql%20server%20dba.do

--
Tony Rogerson