Re: Using BULK BIND.....

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 11:01:34 -0800

Sybrand Bakker wrote:
> On 24 Feb 2006 08:39:55 -0800, "Miggins" <mtproc_at_yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>Am i right in thinking this isnt possibe....each field needs to be
>>placed in its own collection.

> You, and Daniel, are incorrect.
> You need to define your types as Oracle types (so CREATE OR REPLACE
> TYPE... etc)
> Examples on http://asktom.oracle.com
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

Perhaps I misread the question but this is the source of my statement:

"You cannot retrieve a table of RECORDS by any language other than PLSQL.

You can use a collection of object types, but not records, records (like the other unique plsql type -- boolean) are only in PLSQL."

http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:12083187196917

also:

That is because bulk bind cannot use table of composite types. It works fine with a table of native types, but not with a table of objects or records. The compiler does not support that reference to bulk binds fields. For more information see this Metalink note: Binding a Collection With FORALL Fails With ORA-01767or PLS-00103 But this is probably the most common case when someone will want to use the BULK COLLECT and FORALL statements (for example - cursor with parameters and joins of three or more tables). The workaround of this problem is to be used tables of native types

Source:
http://dba-blog.blogspot.com/2005_08_01_dba-blog_archive.html

--
Daniel A. Morgan