Re: Oracle licence question

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 11:40:19 +0100

Tony Rogerson wrote:

>> eweek did a comparison of the two (albeit Enterprise Editions) just
>> recently

> I don't tend to read stuff like that, I can just as easily find articles
> that put SQL Server in a good light rather than Oracle, awards its won

Thought you could not find anything on the web?!? You're just suffering from selective reading, correct? As any zealot would.

> Check out http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/07/15/oracle_core_pricing/ which
> sums it up nicely.

Well, I don't trust that bit, as it's a MS supported/bought group. Anything I've read from them favors Microsoft, as some reports are actually sponsored, or paid by MS.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...