Re: question about plsql exceptions

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 06:14:46 GMT

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 15:11:12 -0800, Jim Kennedy wrote:

> I find it very useful.

Actually, I don't. When I'm loading something that is not supposed to be in the database (vast majority of my data loads), I'm always doing that with errors=0 option, so that the load is terminated when the 1st error is encountered and I'm informed of any problems. Of course, I always load into a staging schema first, check the untrusted data and process them. I have to confess, I didn't need MERGE statement more then twice in my whole career. That doesn't diminish what you said to the OP, which I completely agree with, I only don't see MERGE as being tremendously useful.

--
http://www.mgogala.com