Re: Oracle licence question

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 02:30:03 GMT

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 22:25:02 +0000, Tony Rogerson wrote:

> What you mean - they use portable SQL as definied by the ANSI SQL standard,
> something Oracle doesn't do very well! Come on guys, catch up!! Talk about
> MS locking people in - LOL!

I am specifically saying that vendor lockin is a good thing. Accept what is being offered and go with it. Then, in 3 years time, when replacing the system, look at what is the right tool at that time.

And if the SQLServer troops from Microsoft have the right answer, then so be it. Just don't cover it with the marketing fluff we've seen from Microsoft and paid-off flunkies and MVPs for years on end.

[superceeded with sincere apologies for accidently releasing the draft.]

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com