Re: Number of threads is twice the number of sessions with 10.2 on Windows platform

From: <paolo.desalvo_at_gmail.com>
Date: 25 Feb 2006 09:10:29 -0800

>10gR2 has many new processes that show up as threads.

I know that 10gR2 has many new processes, I said "2 threads for every sessions connected to the database" .... I don't think that with 180 users connected I will have 180 additional threads that are due to the new processes of 10gR2.

Anyway, the matter seems to be DCD, that, if enabled, uses an additional thread for each session as watchdog thread; this is the way Oracle manages DCD on Windows, even in the previous release.

Needless to say, I don't have DCD enabled.

Paolo Received on Sat Feb 25 2006 - 11:10:29 CST