Re: Fresher DBA!!!

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 24 Feb 2006 12:17:06 -0800

Chris Browne wrote:
> "Joel Garry" <joel-garry_at_home.com> writes:
> > Dilbur wrote:
> >>I had been campus recruited by IBM Global Services and after only one
> >>month training I am working as a DB2 DBA on client side for past two
> >>months.
> >
> > I'll remember this next time someone tries to sell me IBM Global
> > Services.
>
> This is pretty standard; I have seen PWC consultants flown in that
> were equally green...
>
> In a big project, there's always *some* attempt at some
> "featherbedding" of this sort, and, with a big project, you can't
> necessarily expect to be able to cherry-pick their best consultants.
> The only way they can *eventually* provide experienced people is by
> starting them green...

The dead thread is alive again!

>From a prior life, I have some good stories about Andersen Consulting
aka Accenture and consulting services provided by them. Just honest and true stories from life with a former employer.

But most of those are reserved for private discussions and some alcohol.

Beware of listing something/anything on your resume even if it was a college course that included a week or a day about any given programming language.

You too might be the next high profile domain expert!

Try not to ask the people picking you up at the Airport directions to the local Borders. It might be better to get there yourself. Received on Fri Feb 24 2006 - 14:17:06 CST