Re: sqlplus and here document

From: EdStevens <quetico_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 24 Feb 2006 10:29:29 -0800

Chuck wrote:
> Are you certain this is the script that's running and that a different
> copy of it isn't being picked up by something in the PATH? It looks ok
> to me.
>
> Have you tried combining the two here docs. IE just flow right from
> "spool off" to @ _xoit.sql.
>

> From what I can see it *should* work. Nothing jumps out overtly as being
> wrong. What platform is this running on?

As you can see by my reply to Robert, it was the trailing space after my EOF marker.

Absolutely certain it was the script I was testing. I always use the name 'eds.sh' (or some slight variant) or x.sh as a working version while developing a script. Not much chance of something by the same name elsewhere in PATH.

Actually, I had the execution of _xoit.sql in the original. Took it out while grasping at straws. Once I confirmed the trailing space was my root problem, I put that back in.

Platform is Oracle 9.2 on Solaris 9. As stated in the very first line of my OP. ;-) Received on Fri Feb 24 2006 - 12:29:29 CST