Re: What is involved to switch from enterprise to standard-one?

From: noone <noone_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 01:36:28 GMT

davelin1_at_gmail.com wrote:
> We are looking at switching oracle licensing options from Enterprise to
> the Standard-One.
>
> Aside from licensing issues, does anybody have any information about
> what is involved to accomplish this? Is it relatively straigthforard?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> -Dave

Other than doing a full down-grade of the binaries - and making sure you are not using any of the Enterprise features that may break your existing code?

And having to wait for months for Oracle to get your request completed? and having to make the request many times while you hold the current bill for payment - then because they take so long to give you the quote that your current bill is now past due and they insist that you pay their late fees because they couldn't do their job? (I have many, many examples and could go but I will spare the NG those gory details...) Received on Thu Feb 23 2006 - 19:36:28 CST