Re: Learning Cursors

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 09:18:30 -0800

PHernandez wrote:

> I have a follow up question on this, if I have a query that returns > 1
> row and I'd want to display the result in a gui of some sort, e.g. a
> web-page- I'm pretty much stuck with a cursor, right? Or are there
> other ways to do it?
>
> --ph
>
> Oracle 10g

Stuck with is the wrong way to approach it. What you need is a REF CURSOR and we are talking about one single line of code. If that is too much of a burden then perhaps coding isn't for you.

For a demo of REF CURSORs go to Morgan's Library at www.psoug.org and scroll down until you find the link.

The site also contains demos of explicit cursors and the far superior array processing methodology (look under Bulk Collection).

HTH

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org