Re: Limit a role to a schema...

From: Martin Doherty <martin.doherty_at_undisclosed.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 11:14:47 -0500

ianal Vista wrote:

>"heizer1_at_llnl.gov" <heizer1_at_llnl.gov> wrote in news:1140137113.703129.74150
>@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
>

>>Hi, is there an easy way to create a role which has select privledges
>>to any table within a schema?
>>

>EASY is a relative term.
>It is easy for me to write SQL which writes SQL to accomplish the above.
>If it is easy for your is left as an excerise for you to complete on your
>own.

Since you mention SQL that writes SQL, I assume you are thinking of generating a series of GRANT commands on every object in the schema to the role. Unfortunately that approach will only satisfy the requirement until new objects are added to the schema ... the role will not have any privileges on the new objects until the GRANT script is re-run.

I think the OP was wondering if it is possible to grant schema-wide privileges to a role in a way that is future-proof? Received on Thu Feb 23 2006 - 10:14:47 CST