Number of threads is twice the number of sessions with 10.2 on Windows platform

From: <paolo.desalvo_at_gmail.com>
Date: 23 Feb 2006 07:26:11 -0800

Hi all.

I have noted too many threads in the Task Manager related to the ORACLE.EXE
process for 10.2.

So I run a simple testcase program on a test server with no activity and I
fired 10 SQLPLUS connections to the 10.2 database; the number of threads
increased from 31 to 51, so 2 threads for each session connected to the database.

Then I run the same program on the same test server directing the connections
to a 9.2 database; the number of threads increased from 12 to 22, so 1 thread
for each session, as expected.

Is there anybody with the same problem?

Thanks
Paolo Received on Thu Feb 23 2006 - 09:26:11 CST