Re: Using BULK BIND.....

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 13:42:50 GMT

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 02:52:22 -0800, Miggins wrote:

> My question is would it be better to store this info in a PLSQL table
> first then once the cursor has completed use a BULK BIND to insert the
> data into the database table in one go rather than doing an insert on
> each iteration of the loop.

It will be much faster, if you have enough memory to support that. Your session variables are kept in PGA (I assume dedicated server) and PL/SQL tables are no exception. If PL/SQL table is large enough to cause paging to the extent that will adversely affect you system, "bulk collect into" is not for you.

--
http://www.mgogala.com