Re: Accessing Oracle database on Solaris from C program

From: KM <KM_at_nospam.nospam.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 18:18:07 +0530

If you are writing a C++ application, use OCCI which is the C++ interface. http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/oci/occi/index.html You have links to sample code, discussion forums and documentation from the above site.
On Solaris, it is supported with SUN Workshop compiler.

You can download Instant Client which is a light weight installation: http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/oci/instantclient/index.html

-krishna.