snapshot over dblink between 8i and 10g?

From: Laurenz Albe <invite_at_spam.to.invalid>
Date: 23 Feb 2006 09:21:27 GMT

We have many Oracle databases and are in the process of migrating them from 8i to 10g (mostly on AIX), but we cannot migrate them all at the same time.

Many of our databases use materialized views over a database link (e.g. to get a daily snapshot of an address table).

Are there any problems you can think of or have experienced with materialized views (REFRESH FAST) from 8i to 10g servers or vice versa?

So far my experiments have shown two problems:

I know that materialized views between 81 and 10g are probably not supported as 8i has gone out of support.

Thank you for any input,
Laurenz Albe Received on Thu Feb 23 2006 - 03:21:27 CST