Oracle Database Sizing

From: littlechicken <kerryjane.conlon_at_gmail.com>
Date: 23 Feb 2006 01:01:48 -0800

Hi all,

I am not very knowledgable in this area so would appreciate any advice you guys can give.

I need to provide a projected estimate of Oracle db tables. Essentially my problem is in trying to work out the size of one single row. I have a table which uses the varchar2, integer and date datatypes but I cannot seem to find anywhere how many storage bytes each of these use (with the exception of varchar).

As far as I understand for integers and numbers it depends on the actual number entered - is this correct? If so - is there anyway I can estimate this based on the data I know will be entered.

Also, I read somewhere that date takes 7 bytes of storage - is this correct?

All help much appreicated,
Thanks Received on Thu Feb 23 2006 - 03:01:48 CST