Re: Accessing Oracle database on Solaris from C program

From: amogh <amogh.r_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:13:49 +0530

agalkin_at_audible.com wrote:
> I need to perform queries on Oracle database from C/C++ program on
> Solaris. I have very extensive experience with C/C++ and MS Windows OS
> but close to none with Solaris or Oracle. Our database adminstrator
> told me that we do not have any documentation, he does not know if we
> have any C libraries for accessing Oracle database. The only
> information he provided me with is that we have Oracle version 9.2.0.7
> (Oracle 9i) and Solaris 10. Any help with where to get Oracle C
> libraries (header and lib files) and any sample source code how to
> acess it would be greatly appreciated. If this is not the best
> newsgroup to post such quiestion I would also like to know which one I
> should post to.
>

 > Any help with where to get Oracle C
 > libraries (header and lib files)

OCI Libraries are installed with a client install. You can also install and use Instant Client, which works without an Oracle Home.

 > and any sample source code how to
 > acess it would be greatly appreciated.

The OCI documentation is here:
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14117_01/appdev.101/b10779/toc.htm

You can find a few sample programs here: http://www.oracle.com/technology/sample_code/tech/oci/index.html

Rgds.
Amogh Received on Wed Feb 22 2006 - 22:43:49 CST