Migrating Materialized Views

From: Geoff Muldoon <geoff.muldoon_at_trap.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 15:43:16 +1100

Migration from 9.2.0.6 to 10.1.0.4, both on Linux RHAS, near identical setups.

Migrated a user by way of EXP -> IMP. All objects came through fine. The user has a number of materialized views. Following the migration a couple of these took significantly longer than expected to force refresh (using DBMS_MVIEW.REFRESH), one of them hanging after a couple of hours (took about 12-15 minutes on v9) and eventually erroring on undo tablespace issues.

Dropped and recreated the materialized views in the 10g instance and all problems went away (the most troublesome one now down to refresh in about 6-8 min).

Anyone know if this is a systemic problem with materialized views / EXP -> IMP / 9.2 -> 10 or whether it is something that I need to check out for my particular install and config?

TIA Geoff Received on Wed Feb 22 2006 - 22:43:16 CST