Re: Database or store to handle 30 Mb/sec and 40,000 inserts/sec

From: Mark Townsend <markbtownsend_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 08:11:40 -0800

Mark Townsend wrote:
> Tony Rogerson wrote:

>> I'll do better, go and watch my webcast, its 5 minutes talk and 25
>> minute of demo, here is the link:
>>
>> http://msevents-eu.microsoft.com/CUI/WebCastEventDetails.aspx?EventID=118767453&EventCategory=5&culture=en-GB&CountryCode=GB
>>

> FYI - the link above didn't work for me. The msevents-eu site is using a
> non-trusted certificate, and even when I got past that, I got to the
> page with the viewing options, where clicking on the button did nothing
> (which sort of sums up most of my experiences with Microsoft software :-) )
>

> Here's the page I ended up at
> https://msevents-eu.microsoft.com/CUI/WebCastRegistrationConfirmation.aspx?culture=en-GB&RegistrationID=102307899&Validate=false
>

> Viewing Options
>
> Recording Format Available View
> Microsoft office Live Meeting Replay:
> Windows Media ™ -formatted streamed audio & video Yes

Just to make sure it wasn't a browser problem, I fired up IE. And sure enough the button now works (It doesn't from Mozzilla or Safari). Unfortunately now the delivered media file gives the following error message in Windows Media Player - "This file may not play correctly because it was compressed by using a codec that is not supported". Guess that will teach me to be all religous and dare to use a Mac.

I do get the sound track however. It's pretty hilarious. Don't you hate it when demo's go wrong ? Received on Wed Feb 22 2006 - 10:11:40 CST