RAC Question

From: ExecMan <johndoe_at_mtekusa.com>
Date: 21 Feb 2006 14:07:20 -0800

Hi Everyone!

I am trying to teach myself about RAC. I bought a couple of books, and I have a few questions I hope someone who's knowlege in this area is greater than mine can help:

First, I want to set up 2 Red Hat 9.0 boxes. What would be the minimum or suggested requirements for hardware? ie. Storage, Memory, CPU Speed?

Second, I've read in this book about RAW Devices and Cluster File Systems. Can someone give my an 'explanation for dummies' on what those mean?

I fully understand what a partition is in the 'Windows' sense, but not CFS or RAW in the Unix sense.........

Appreciate all your time!

John Received on Tue Feb 21 2006 - 16:07:20 CST