Re: Database or store to handle 30 Mb/sec and 40,000 inserts/sec

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 21 Feb 2006 11:44:25 -0800

The only realistic complaint about deadlocks is with the distributed option - and I wouldn't know what the equivalent of that is in SS.

The argument about XE being in beta doesn't hold up, because XE is a stripped down version of the larger editions, it doesn't have much
"new" technology in it, where most of the bugs are (and the technology
it has stripped out is where most of the previous bugs _were_ when those tings were new). Just speculating here, but I think the only reason it isn't production yet is they are waiting for the real versions to stabilize the "security" issues, which mostly come from bringing non-database hacks (also known as "open-source" like apache) into the db.

I suppose it must be comforting to know big companies run their financials on betas. The auditors must _love_ that. That read-uncommitted stuff must be like crack for them.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.

"There's lies, damned lies, statistics, and FASB." - Me.
"Lies, damned lies, statistics, online surveys." - Me.
LIes, damned lies, statistics, MSFUD.