Re: Another one bites the dust: Oracle buys Sleepycat Database

From: Volker Hetzer <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 18:48:07 +0100

DA Morgan schrieb:
> I'll agree the day you refuse to take an antibiotic as a protest against
> a pharmaceutical company. ;-)

Fortunately I have no problem with pharmaceutical companies. :-)

> I am a firm believer in resistance, protest, and if necessary open
> rebellion. But to achieve an achievable goal ... not just to be a martyr.
I hereby lose this thread according to Godwin's Law: Germany got quite a history of "martyrs" during the fascist era. What would you guys call us if we didn't have had a resistance movement? In 1937 or 1940 (europe conquered, uk a few months away, america neutral) no sane man would have called the ending of fascism an "achievable" goal. Yet many risked torture and death (and got it too) for comparatively small aims like distributing leaflets, putting up posters or sheltering just one jew.

Sometimes the achievable goal is reduced to being able to look into a mirror without spitting.

Lots of Greetings!
Volker Received on Tue Feb 21 2006 - 11:48:07 CST