Re: Transferring data from Access to Oracle

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 07:20:35 +0100

comments embedded

On 20 Feb 2006 21:16:44 -0800, "Sameer" <dolpheen_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>I am not able to get the meaning of post of Frank.
He only looked up the error message in the manual for you (what you could have done)

>The client is supposed to see this error but the error being technical
>needs more explanation. I am expecting some remedies from experienced
>persons who may have encoutered this error.
This error is extreemly rare
>Does 'Packet Writer Failure' means a network error?
Usually it does

>Is there any other way to transfer data?
>If I export the file in a comma separated text format, then can I
>import it into Oracle?

That would only be of any value if you copy the csv file to the database server, and use sql*loader on the database server. If you connect in the correct fashion, you will bypass your network card.
A better approach of course would be enable sqlnet tracing (has been explained here at least a 1000 times) and see how far you get. ora-12571 is usually persistent, so other problems are to be expected.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA