Oracle 11i login encryption?

From: <fwrogue_at_gmail.com>
Date: 20 Feb 2006 13:43:22 -0800

Hi,

I am trying to understand the risk of implementing Oracle Federal Financials 11i and not implementing SSL encryption.

If you do not configure SSL, when you login to the application are you username and password sent in clear text from your browser to the application server? And after login, if you do not use SSL, is information sent in clear text to the app server across your internal network?

Any help from any guru's out there is greatly appreciated.

I've been trying to research on metalink, but can only find documentation on how to setup SSL but can't find anything on how Oracle 11i authenticates out of the box.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

-Ryan Received on Mon Feb 20 2006 - 15:43:22 CST