Re: Quick role test

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 21:15:42 +0100

On 19 Feb 2006 17:06:34 -0800, "qnxodba_at_gmail.com" <qnxodba_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>I encourage Oracle support to browse the lists and mine support issues.
>After all, they are being paid to fix bugs and my simple test case
>should work 100% because of Oracle's untested code.

Why would they do anything if you don't submit a service request? They are being paid for fixing bugs you submit via Metalink. Paying for Metalink and not submitting service requests, so they don't need to do what they are paid for and you paid, but instead complaining in a public forum is both a waste of money and silly. Fixing a 'bug' by screwing up the dictionary seems even more silly. Because you now pay for a support contract and you are getting the phone dumped upon you, as soon as OTN discovers you did screw up the dictionary. And do you really think Oracle doesn't test?

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA