Re: Transferring data from Access to Oracle

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 19:11:12 +0100

Sameer wrote:
> I am trying to transfer a Access 2003 database to Oracle 8i.
>
> Using the Access Export facility,
> and by using System DSN created for Oracle database,
> Access is able to create table structure into the Oracle 8i database.
> But it can't transfer data and gives the following error:
>
> ORA-12571: TNS:packet writer failure.

Isn't that something like "the client is not supposed to see this error"?!?

Any other errors?

And yes: you now owe me a cup of coffe for looking up your error:
12571, 00000, "TNS:packet writer failure"

// *Cause: An error occurred during a data send.
// *Action: Not normally visible to the user. For further details, turn
// on tracing and reexecute the operation. If error persists, contact
// Oracle Customer Support.
--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel