Re: Why is it so?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 13:43:49 +0100

Comment embedded

On 19 Feb 2006 03:52:51 -0800, "Sameer" <dolpheen_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>Is oracle meant to be accessed from other available tools
>programatically and SQL* Plus is for demonstration purpose only?

Sql*plus is definitely not for demonstration purposes only, it is the swiss knife in Oracle. For front-end purposes there are other tools like Developer and JDeveloper. And JDeveloper is free.

It did, it is called Sql*plus. If you can't live with Sql*plus having been brainwashed by the Evil Empire of Bill Gates, download Sqldeveloper at http://otn.oracle.com
>I found the Oracle SQL*Plus to be very non-user friendly (This is my
>opinion).

Actually sql*plus was preceded by a tool called UFI. UFI was an acronym for User Friendly Interface.

Anything wrong with the commandline? Will we hear from you again, once you developed a mouse arm, or other forms of Repetitive Strain Injury?

>What to do with the query outputs that wraps on the screen?
set linesize <n>
Please read the Sql*plus users manual, and notice you can output in HTML format.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA