Re: Python vs. PL/SQL for Oracle work

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 04:22:31 GMT

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 04:17:34 +0000, HansF wrote:

> Yes. Has all the trimmings. Nice heft. Even handles screws reasonably
> well.
>
> But it still does a rotten job cutting wood. In that case it leaves Gawd
> awful dents and holes. Rough edges. Takes a heck of a lot of energy
> unnecessarily. Definintely not the right tool.
>
> Nice hammer, though.

Yes, I agree. The OP definitely has that problem. If you want to do something in the database, PL/SQL is definitely the right choice. For the things outside the database, it's a programing tool of choice that you will use. As a DBA, I find it very useful for writing reports. I use formats a lot, which usually gives me a blank stare from other Perl people. As for the web based apps, I do prefer PHP5 to Perl.

--
http://www.mgogala.com