Python vs. PL/SQL for Oracle work

From: <dananrg_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 Feb 2006 03:52:08 -0800

Anyone here use Python rather than PL/SQL for writing DBA administrative scripts, etc? Is there a good module out there for Python that interfaces with Oracle?

I know some PL/SQL from a while ago, but am now learning Python for other tasks and love it as a language (I love how it forces you to write clean code). I'd like to use it for everything, or nearly so anyhow. Before I committed to delving back into PL/SQL, I wanted to see if Python was the right tool for the job(s) on the Oracle RDBMS.

My guess is that Larry would encourage the use of any good non-Microsoft programming language. :-) Received on Sat Feb 18 2006 - 05:52:08 CST