How do I trace hanging "connect / as sysdba"?

From: pcroft <pcroft_at_cix.co.uk>
Date: 18 Feb 2006 01:22:39 -0800

I am having problems with Oracle 9.2 on a newly-built pc running w2k server. The software alone installed OK but I can't create a database. To cut a long story short it hangs on this: sqlplus /nolog
connect / as sysdba .. hangs
Excuse my ignorance but can somone please tell me what happens precisely on this connect so I know where to look, and how can I trace the activity causing it to hang?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Peter Croft Received on Sat Feb 18 2006 - 03:22:39 CST