Re: A hierarchical query - how do I do

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 08:10:25 GMT

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 20:53:06 -0800, oracle_doc wrote:

> P.S. - This is not a homework. But yes, something I am working on..

select level,name
from tasks
connect by prior id = parent_id
start with parent_id is null;

It would be interesting to know how are you working if you didn't bother to read any manuals. This is very elementary stuff that you could have lerned by simply looking into SQL Reference manual. To save you the trouble of painful and exhausting reading, allow me to direct you to the following article:
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/oracle9i/daily/oct04.html

--
http://www.mgogala.com