[JDBC] StoredProcedure cursor returned is not TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE

From: <hikemike_at_gmail.com>
Date: 17 Feb 2006 15:47:31 -0800

I have seen the problem reported in various news groups going back to 1999 (Deja.News). Does anyone know if it's been fixed yet. There appears to be no solution on the web.

I call a simple stored procedure from a java program and use the following line:

protected static final String GET_ACCOUNTS_PROC = "{call ACCOUNT.GET_ACCOUNTS_PROC_ALL(?,?)}"; cs = connection.prepareCall(GET_ACCOUNTS_PROC, ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE, ResultSet.CONCUR_READ_ONLY);

cs.execute();
rset = (ResultSet) cs.getObject(2);
rset.first();

throws a SQL Exception:

Invalid operation for forward only resultset : first

Ridiculous that I can't do this. Someone please tell me I'm wrong.

oracle 9 driver: ojdbc14.jar --> jdbc:oracle:thin driver Received on Fri Feb 17 2006 - 17:47:31 CST