Re: multiple TWO_TASK???

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 17 Feb 2006 15:30:45 -0800

Mladen Gogala wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 16:51:31 -0800, Joel Garry wrote:
>
> > Would you have an Oracle Home Selector on your client? Maybe under
> > Oracle Installation Products? Create a shortcut to it on your desktop?
>
> I believe he is on Unix or Linux. On MS-Windows systems, the same variable
> is LOCAL, not TWO_TASK.

Ah, you are right. Dot commands for all!

To the OP: Since I'm often working with multiple environments for both Oracle and application software, I usually put commands in /usr/local/bin for setting and unsetting TWO_TASK, ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_BASE, ORACLE_SID, PATH, PERL5LIB and NLS_LANG, as appropriate per SID. I have more scripts in my home dir for setting the app software, prompt and so forth that call the appropriate settings just for me (no, my home dir is not on my path). I tend to do most of my work on the server, which is sometimes a client.

Other people like to use oraenv to condition their environment.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://j-walkblog.com/blog/docs/platform.htm