Re: Problem with a view: table from it contains wrong number of rows

From: <schonlinner_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Feb 2006 12:29:35 -0800

Well, I think we mean the same with "static":

Nobody except me is accessing the tables (well, I guess, currently the gather_stats_job is accessing them and calculating statistics...). The table is really static and does not change. The views which access the table are just summing up some data and calculating some averages, nothing unusual, the views only use standard SQL functions like avg, sum, division, addition and subtraction (no fancy PL/SQL functions which might change data!).

I can reproduce the behaviour: I selected data from the view over several hours (I thought that I mispelled something) and always got the same results from it, and the same number of rows returned. And I constantly dropped the resulting table and recreated it, and it always differed from the view.

It's a nightmare! When using the NO_PARALLEL hint (on all selects and view defintions involved) all works fine. But does it really solve the problem or just shift it to another location? I don't know :-((

Regards,
  Alex Received on Fri Feb 17 2006 - 14:29:35 CST