Re: freelists and dba_free_space

From: Ben <balvey_at_comcast.net>
Date: 17 Feb 2006 12:22:29 -0800

What kind of overhead does turning on monitoring for all tables reflect on the system?

Also, am I correct in thinking that this select statement gives me a good idea of the available space on the freelist for each table as of the last analyze?

compute sum of KB on tablespace_name
spool sys7333free.txt
select owner, table_name, tablespace_name, num_freelist_blocks "FreeBlcks",
avg_space_freelist_blocks "Avg/Blck",
(num_freelist_blocks * avg_space_freelist_blocks)/1024 "KB" from dba_tables
where tablespace_name = 'SYS7333T'
order by 6 desc Received on Fri Feb 17 2006 - 14:22:29 CST