Loss of datafile which was never backed up

From: jackal <jackal_on_work_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 16 Feb 2006 21:35:57 -0800

Hello faculties,

   I ve lost a datafile. My db is set in archive log mode. But i set it when the log seq num was 44. The format for archive file mentioned by parameter as :

log_archive_format = ARK2_%s.arc

So the first archive log file generated was ARK2_44.arc and followed by ARK2_45, ARK2_46 and so on.

Since i dont have a backup of this datafile, i recreated the lost datafile by using ALTER DATABASE CREATE DATAFILE command after taking the tablespace offline. It works fine. But when i user the recover command Oracle asks me for the file ARK2_1.arc which was never generated. This is the problem which is preventing recovery of the datafile. Is there any way out of this mess? Whats causing this problem?

Thanks in advance
Jackal Received on Thu Feb 16 2006 - 23:35:57 CST