Re: OCP

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 23:32:15 GMT

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 13:38:49 -0800, Shantanu wrote:

> Hi I am completely new to Oracle.I have been using SQL in Db2 for a
> while.Now I am thinking to study for OCP With Oracle 10g and take the
> exam for certification .Can anybody suggest me what would be the best
> book for test prepation?
> Thanks.

Hopefully you realize there are 4 exams to get your OCP. And you MUST take an instructor-led class associated with one of the exams.

INfo at http://education.oracle.com (look for certification)

As an Oracle instructor and consultant, I happen to like the Sybex books. See http://www.sybex.com/WileyCDA/Section/id-290634.html#group1

However, I believe that getting an OCP for the sake of OCP, and cramming for the sake of passing, diminish the value of the certifications.

For me, a well qualified OCP candidate is one who can tell me what the answers are on the test, what the answer should be in real life, and why the difference.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com