Re: Free Oracle Server for intranet?

From: Tony Rogerson <tonyrogerson_at_sqlserverfaq.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 22:30:28 -0000

> Anyone with a bit of brain knows that Sqlserver is lightyears behind
> of Oracle, and will always be outplayed by Oracle.
> It is quite easy to start posting factual evidence in all sqlserver
> groups there are on the net,
> which will unlike your BULLSHIT MARKETING demonstrate sqlserver is A
> TOY, and will never get out of that stage.

rflol!

When you have a few years experience in IT and a broader skillset I might take you seriously.

I do have Oracle experience, just 6 months on 7i though and it was good compared to what I was used to - DB2, but the tools sucked big style so my productivity was slow.

> Could you *PLEASE* stop *being rude and ignoring netiquette*, where
> asked *SEVERAL TIMES* to STOP TOP-POSTING.

You simply need to get a decent news reader that is threaded, afterall this is an NNTP news group and NNTP has a threaded nature - check the headers.

> Could you also please STOP PROMOTING sqlserver in an Oracle newsgroup.

Just dispelling some of the myths (propagander) put out by a select few.

--
Tony Rogerson
SQL Server MVP