Accessing Oracle OID from ASp.NET

From: <jeremy.rice_at_alkermes.com>
Date: 16 Feb 2006 13:06:23 -0800

Hello all,

I need to access OID users in Oracle 10G Portal from an ASP.NET web app and I can't connect to the server. It keeps telling me that I have a bad logon even though I can connect through .jsp files. Here is the code I'm using to access OID:

Dim userDE As New DirectoryEntry("LDAP://dc=servername:389", UserName, Password)
Dim DS As New DirectorySearcher(userDE)

DS.SearchScope = SearchScope.Subtree
DS.Filter = cLDAPFilter
DS.PageSize = 1000
DS.PropertiesToLoad.Add("Name")

For Each SR As SearchResult In DS.FindAll       'It errors on this line

        'Do stuff here

Next

I'm getting the big ugly "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password" error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Jeremy Received on Thu Feb 16 2006 - 15:06:23 CST