Re: Oracle RAC for scalability or High Availability only

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 15 Feb 2006 14:48:33 -0800

>Yeah, I know it's a pain to migrate to another server vs. simply adding another node.

For me this has usually been a matter of getting the new server up and fully tested, including scripting the huge import. Actual implementation is then a matter of pushing a few buttons on a Friday, and having someone push out some client changes. A couple of times I've been able to do it as a simple restore. Application upgrades are usually much more work.

I understand RAC's have had some issues with rolling upgrades, but that seems to be going away as a problem.
http://forums.oracle.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=1196912

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.