Re: ODP .Net Connection Pool Problem on Web Application

From: <sdbillsfan_at_gmail.com>
Date: 15 Feb 2006 14:37:39 -0800

I think you might want to examine why your queries/connections are taking so long if this is really the problem. If you are sure you've tuned the queries/statements as much as possible and they're still taking more than a few seconds then I think you should consider running these methods asynchronously. The simplest way (I've done this in the past) is to submit these long running queries as jobs, immediately return, and then provide some sort of interface for checking the completion status of the job (eg. a small popup window that auto-refreshes/polls every few seconds). Also, have you checked into using Debugging Tools for Windows from ms for taking a snapshot? That will at least tell you where the "wait" is.

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/default.mspx Received on Wed Feb 15 2006 - 16:37:39 CST