Re: freelists and dba_free_space

From: Ben <balvey_at_comcast.net>
Date: 15 Feb 2006 08:42:28 -0800

So, I won't ever be able to see any of that available space from the purge, until that table is analyzed will I?

I know that analyze is obsolete but until I can get it tested out I can't switch to dbms_stats.gather_stats. Currently we are running a procedure every weekend dbms_utility.analyze_schema, it starts at 1pm on Saturday and runs until around 6 am Monday for a 330Gb schema. Should I expect about the same runtime from gather_stats? Received on Wed Feb 15 2006 - 10:42:28 CST