Help: Hundreds of connections PHP->Oracle

From: Keith E. Sauvant <ne.ws.ksau_at_spamgourmet.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 15:31:27 +0100

Hi,

we got a strange problem connecting to an Oracle database onsite with our PHP application: During CSV import job handled by our application, PHP opens up to some hundred connections to the database. It then eventually fails to connect to the database due to the high number of open connections.

We are not able to reproduce this behaviour on our internal installations, we get up to 30 connections until the job is finished.

The environment:
SuSe/Novell SLES9
Oracle 10.2.0
PHP 4.3.11
OCI8 1.274 (PEAR OCI8 1.1.1 beta)
Zend Optimizer 2.6.0

Does it make any difference if oracle is installed locally or on another machine? Is it relevant if we connect to the database using a service_name or a SID?

Any comments, hints, help?

Best regards from Aachen, Germany
Keith Sauvant Received on Wed Feb 15 2006 - 08:31:27 CST