DECODE V/s CASE

From: <pankaj_wolfhunter_at_yahoo.co.in>
Date: 14 Feb 2006 23:51:43 -0800

Greetings,

                 Can someone please tell me the performance differece
between DECODE and CASE?
I have searched net for the same. One thing i am able to get is that CASE should be used instead of DECODE and it executes faster. but i am not able to find any particular doc stating the same. Can someone please let me know the performance difference between the two and if possible some doc or link stating the same.

TIA Received on Wed Feb 15 2006 - 01:51:43 CST