Re: How many Oracle9i Cluster manager required?

From: India via DBMonster.com <u18568_at_uwe>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 07:08:58 GMT

Please find my ans below.

1. What specific version and edition of Oracle are you running? -- Release 9.
2.0.1.0
2. On what platforms and operating systems? -- Windows Server 2003
3. What storage solutions do you have available that would support
clustering? -- Not finalized yet.Thinkning to have OCFS. 4. What do you think a cluster manager is? -- Question was that ---
  1. We have two database on two different Windows server.
  2. First database has 3 schemas on it and second datanase has 8 schemas on it.
  3. we have total 6 servers to be used on Oracle9i RAC.

      I am planning to have a single database containg 3+8=11 scheams.So that I can keep only one database and kept them on single location and installed the Cluster database on that machine only.So that i will be having 5 free nodes to handle the load of first server.

what do you suggest?