Re: Database or store to handle 30 Mb/sec and 40,000 inserts/sec

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 03:55:18 GMT

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 21:01:04 -0500, Serge Rielau wrote:

> By all means I've got no issue with CLR as such. It's the invasion of
> unqualified app developers onto the DB core that scares me.

It's the same regardless of propgramming language ... I also get scared when I look at the plethora of Java libraries that purport to 'isolate the developer from the vagaries of the database' (in other words, implement a 5 year old replacement for mature technology that developer's don't have time to learn - because they need time to learn the plethora of libraries)

Thanks for the explanation of CLR.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com