Re: Insufficient privileges (ORA-01013) "connect / as sysdba"

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 14 Feb 2006 13:34:09 -0800

Seeing "numbers" instead of group names means there is a mismatch between the numbering of groups on server A v. server B. Simply defining the group in /etc/groups to display a name won't fix it. Relinking likely will, although some patch levels of hp-ux will screw that up too (I don't know about 11.23, definitely true in 11.11).

But really, this has all the hallmarks (happy Valentine's day!) of the SA assuming, incorrectly, everything is the same on the two machines, probably forgetting about an extra default user/group messing up the numbers. I would reinstall O from scratch, paying close attention to any errors.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
When do we get paid and where's the beer?